I'm not much of a baker but I'm really entertaining the thought of trying these easy and fun cookies!
- 1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 2 Eggs, Room Temperature
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Corn Starch
- Green Gel Food Coloring
- Parchment Paper
- Red Heart Sprinkles
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add powdered sugar and corn starch together in a loaf pan. Mix well.
- Mix the butter, cake mix, oil and eggs together (the batter will be thick).
- Stir green food coloring to get the perfect Grinch green color (I used about 3 drops).
- Using a small ice cream scoop get a chunk of dough then roll it into the powdered sugar/corn starch mixture.
- Pick up the dough and roll into a ball and place on cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie balls 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until they puff up.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Once the cookies have cooled, mix a tablespoon of powdered sugar and a teaspoon or so of water, to make a tiny bowl of sugar glue to stick the heart sprinkles onto the top. You can also gently push the heart onto the dough before it gets baked.
- You can serve and enjoy right away or store in an airtight container for future consumption!
This recipe will make exactly 2 dozen cookies using a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop